Some Vim tips to get you up and running using VIM.
Basic Keys #
- i : Press 'i' to start inserting text
- j, k, l, ; Movement Keys (Down, Up, Right, Left)
- ESC : Escape text-inserting mode
- :x : Save and quit
These are some of the really useful plugins for vim:
- NERDTree : Shows a tree structure for the files and directories.
- GitGutter : Shows Git difference in the gutter.
- Ctrl+P : Easily navigate through recent files.
vimrc ultimate configurations #
amix/vimrc comes with the ultimate vim configuration, including all the above plugins and color and font stuff.
vim navigation tips #
- Use Ctrl + } to navigate to downwards, more logical.
- Use T + or F + to move directly to that word in the line.
- Navigation is done by the 'j', 'k', 'l', 'h' keys. Moving back and forth through words is done by the keys 'w', 'e', 'b'.